No products in the cart.
For typical home owners, making an energy efficient plan for your home would prove to be a rather challenging task. However, it is a definitely worth the effort. By doing this, not only will it help keep energy reduction costs at a minimum, but also aid in lowering one’s carbon footprint which is very good for the surrounding. One of the best ways through which one can achieve this is by using their doors and windows as instruments of energy efficiency. Below are some great tips on how this can be achieved.
5 Tips For Energy Efficient Windows and Doors
- How one positions their doors and windows matters a lot when it comes to energy efficiency. Whether you are using sliding doors or folding doors, both should be placed in a position where they tend to make the most of natural light. Basically, this would require you to put most of the doors and windows to the sun facing side of the house.
- It is also advisable to install solar screens where necessary. Alternatively, one could decide to use ultraviolet ray films on their windows and doors. The same should be done for all sliding doors given the fact that they have a larger surface area through which harmful rays could access your living spaces. These filters help disseminate any form of harsh sunlight rays.
- Insulation is also a major factor to consider when it comes to your home’s energy efficiency levels. Ensure that all walls are sufficiently insulated as well as the attic. This will go a long way in reducing your cooling and heating expenses.
- Makes sure to install energy saving glass panes in your house. There is quite a variety available in the market today such as the LowE coated glass panes. You can in fact decide to use such even on your sliding doors. They are affordable and highly efficient.
- Lastly, make sure that you choose energy rated frames on your windows and doors. Aluminium is an example of a very good cooling material and this will help in ensuring your house is energy efficient.