Burglars gain access in and out of your home in the same manner you do; through doors. As such, it is highly advisable that one properly burglar proofs both the back and front doors. Forceful entry through the windows more often than not comes about as a last result. Just to be safe, it is prudent that one safeguards all their aluminium windows and aluminium doors including the garage entrance, basement door, and the patio aluminium sliding door.
Burglar Proofing Your Aluminium Windows and Doors
The idea behind bugler proofing all points of entry is to safeguard your home in that it is your best effort towards deterring burglars from picking your home. Usually, whenever thieves break into a home, time is always of the essence. One is required to do whatever is necessary to slow them down and eventually break down the attack. There are a number of ways through which one can do this. They include:
- Ensure all exterior doors are solid-core. Aluminium doors and aluminium sliding doors are sturdy enough for this purpose. However, make sure to use heavy-duty dead bolts so as to give the frame a more firm structure.
- Apply window film to your aluminium windows. The film makes the glass more shatterproof. In addition to this, it would also be advisable if one slightly tinted majority of the exterior aluminium windows. This prevents strangers with ill motives from scoping your home.
- Utilize as many aluminium door and aluminium window jammers as possible. These items help prevent any unauthorized entry from outside. They are inexpensive and offer reliable security. For your patio aluminium sliding door, brackets should be installed instead. They are more or less jammers but work in such a way that they are screwed in positions that make it impossible for intruders to lift open your aluminium sliding door from outside.
- All points of access on the roof including skylights should be secured accordingly using heavy-duty material.
- For all aluminium doors located next to a window. Make sure to install dead bolts. In addition to the dead bolts, install captive key locks. This combination helps prevents burglars from opening the door even after breaking the window to try and access the lock from outside. This is due to the removable thumb latches.